Magnus Hagander wrote:
Hello!

The backend signals code today uses pqsignal() instead of signal() at
all places. But it uses kill() and sigsetmask() (through the macro
PG_SETMASK) directly.

I propose to change this to pqkill() and pqsigsetmask(). In pqsignal.h,
these would be #define:d back to kill() and setsigmask() for the normal
method, but would be functions on win32.

Sounds logical and more consistent than it is now.

While talking about it, I think our usage of signals is way overloaded anyway. Any ideas how to replace it all with just one signal and a regular message queue?

Jan

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend