Hi folks,

I upgraded two servers from 7.3.* to 7.4.1.  In both cases, the
pgcrypto functions failed to migrate..  I used pg_dumpall.  This is
the cause of the problem:

freshports=# CREATE FUNCTION digest (text, text) RETURNS bytea
freshports-#     AS '$libdir/pgcrypto', 'pg_digest'
freshports-#     LANGUAGE c;
ERROR:  could not load library
"/usr/local/lib/postgresql/pgcrypto.so": dlopen
'/usr/local/lib/postgresql/pgcrypto.so' failed.
(/usr/local/lib/postgresql/pgcrypto.so:
Undefined symbol "elog")

Recompiling and installing contrib/pgcrypto made the problem go away.
I found no mention of this problem in the archives.

FWIW: I was using the FreeBSD port on 4.9-STABLE.

--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - http://www.bsdcan.org/