* AFAICS the only downside of not having a Relation available in smgr.c
and md.c is that error messages could only refer to the RelFileNode
numbers and not to the relation name.  I'm not sure this is bad, since
in my experience what you want to know about such errors is the actual
disk filename, which RelFileNode tells you and relation name doesn't.
We could preserve the current behavior by passing the relation name to
smgropen when available, and saving the name in struct SMgrRelation.
But I'm inclined not to.

Comments?

That all sounds pretty nice. From my point of view I recall you saying that this would need to be done for tablespaces a long time ago - so I just request that the rewrite be done with future tablespaces in mind :)

Chris

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster