Michael Meskes wrote:
On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 09:27:40PM +0530, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
What I wonder is, do we really need to maintain that level of lookup? Can't we just say a connection is a 'struct connection *' which should be opaque and should not be touched or poked inside, just like PGConn.
I'm not sure I understand you correctly. The SQL standard says you can
call your statement as this:
exec sql at CONNECTION select 1;

Here CONNECTION of course is a string, the name of the connection. So,
yes, we have to maintain that list to make sure we get the right
connection.

Or what were you asking?

I am asking for CONNECTION being a variable of data type 'connection *' rather than 'const char *'. That would avoid name lookups.

Is that out of spec?

Shridhar