Folks,

Tim Perdue sent me this.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions
 San Francisco
--- Begin Message --- Josh Berkus wrote:

Tim,

To follow up on the previous question, there are a few features that I'm not seeing in the GForge demo online. These are all features that our developers will ask about:

Project home pages: is there an easy way to create these?
Mailing list management: where?
Web forums: search feature?
Bug Tracking: is there the ability to add more characteristics to bugs? Cvsweb: I notice ties from gforge.org to cvsweb. Is this something we can
easily set up?

Josh, someone pointed out the list discussion going on today, and I wanted to comment on this, but am not subscribed:

> - How will mailing list subscribers be affected?

If you already use mailman, it would be seamless, as GForge does too. It would be a matter of entering all the mailman lists into the GForge database (probably scriptable, assuming GBORG had any rational naming convention).

> - How will CVS users be affected?

Same again most likely. GForge uses unix groups & users to control CVS, so they would have to be backfilled into the GF database.

> - Can the mailing list archives be moved over?

GF uses mailman to archive lists for now (although GF4 has a snazzier system)

> - Where will my old bug reports and corresponding discussions go?

I may be able to help you migrate your database structure over, assuming it is even remotely understandable.

>  - Can FAQ entries be copied over automatically?
>  - Is there a way of migrating these services one by one?

--- End Message ---