On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > For tablespaces on OS's that don't support it, I think we will have to
> > store the path name in the file and read it via the backend.  Somehow we
> > should cache those lookups.
>
> My feeling is that we need not support tablespaces on OS's without
> symlinks.

I'm going to focus on implementing this on the system(s) I'm used to
developing on (ie, those which support symlinks). Once that is done, I'll
talk with the Win32 guys about what, if anything, we can do about getting
this to work on Win32 (and possibly other non-symlink supporting OSs).

Thanks,

Gavin