The TODO list contains this item which I said I would look at:

Allow logging of only data definition(DDL), or DDL and modification statements

The trouble I see is that we currently do statement logging before we have examined the query string at all, in the code shown below from src/backend/tcop/postgres.c.

I guess I could construct one or more regexes to examine the query string, although that might affect performance a bit (of course, I would precompile the patterns).

Any other ideas on how to proceed?

cheers

andrew

List *
pg_parse_query(const char *query_string)
{
   List       *raw_parsetree_list;

   if (log_statement)
       ereport(LOG,
               (errmsg("statement: %s", query_string)));

   if (log_parser_stats)
       ResetUsage();

raw_parsetree_list = raw_parser(query_string);

   if (log_parser_stats)
       ShowUsage("PARSER STATISTICS");

   return raw_parsetree_list;
}