Dave Page wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Pflug [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 12 March 2004 13:57
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] The Name Game: postgresql.net vs. pgfoundry.org

Isn't gforge a pgsql related project itself?
So I'd suggest:

www.postgresql.org   -> main PostgreSQL site
gforge.postgresql.org -> gforge interface site
<projectname>.postgresql.org -> gforge hosted projects

The problem with that approach is that our 'official' sites then get
lost amongst the project sites.

We need some distinction between the core project sites and other
project sites - istm that a different domain is the only way to do that.

(breaking previous rule) I agree.

Also, the gforge people would prefer us *not* to use a name that includes gforge, because of the risk of confusion. That's how we came up with "pgfoundry" in the first place.

cheers

andrew