Bruno Wolff III wrote:

I can see their problem with making a dependency to all of apache or including multilog in their distribution. But they probably could include something that is only a logger either using some project that is only a logger or splitting out the logger that is bundled with apache. Then it wouldn't be unreasonable to make a dependency for postgres requiring that logging rpm. Other services could also make use of this logging package as well.

Yes that would be nice. I have no idea how difficult it would be to extricate the logrotate program from Apache. I also don't know if there would be any license restrictions, would we be able to redistribute it as an independently package? I don't know the answer.

Regards,
Fernando

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not match