Tom,

> Isn't this already solved by dumping in dependency order?
>
>                       regards, tom lane

Nope.   Problem is, the table depends on the function, and the function
depends on the table.   pg_dump (in 7.4.1, at least) will dump the table
first, *with the constraint*, and then the function ... causing table
creation to fail.

And this isn't come cross-table function either; the constraint that they're
implementing is partial uniqueness, which is appropriate for a constraint.

I personally think that the simplest way to do this ... and deal with most
custom-function-constraint issues ... is to push all constraints containing a
user-defined  function to the end of the file with the foriegn keys.

(this is for the Bricolage project)

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions