Dear hackers,

I'm looking for an array_index function that would return the index of the
occurence of some element in an array. I noticed that I can know whether a
element is in the array with ANY, but I also need the actual index.

There is no such function under that name, and I cannot find any that
would do the job in the doc. I made a quick workaround in plpgsql, but I
would have expected the function to be there.

Am I unlucky or just blind?

I know that looking for such a function is a proof a bad design, but I
don't feel responsible for the pg_catalog.* design;-)

Thanks in advance for any pointer,

Have a nice day,

--
Fabien Coelho - [EMAIL PROTECTED]