Tom Lane wrote:

Neil Conway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Any thoughts on what could be causing these errors?

I suspect valgrind is complaining because XLogInsert is memcpy'ing a
struct that has allocation padding in it. Which of course is a bogus
complaint ...

As far as I remember (couldn't find modern documentation on the matter) Valgrind is resitant to this problem. When a block of memory is copied, the initialized/uninitialized status is copied along. It only complains when an actual operation is performed using uninitialized memory. This was developed for the explicit reason of avoiding the problem you describe.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting