Gaetano Mendola wrote:

Hi all,
someone of you sent me an example of a new data type
called tinyint.

Hi.

I seen that is using a well directory structure just for compile a tinyint.c.

Yes. The idea was to have it do more than just this one type. Maybe a bad idea, on retrospect.

Is there any "empty" structure that I have to use in order to delivery compile my email.c or I can just use a single line command:

gcc email.c -I. -I /usr/include/pgsql/server ....

Yes.

I seen also that a library called libpgext.so is created.

You need to create SOME library, and you need it to be of a unique name. Did I mention that the tinyint type was suboptimal in that respect?

Shall I do the same ? Are guide line to use out there?

There are in the docs. Start reading from http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/extend.html

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

I sent you these sources as a base to build from. You are most welcome to start anew if you don't like the structure.

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend