Tom Lane wrote:
Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Wow, you can reference different column as part of the alter column.

Yeah, the USING is actually any arbitrary expression over the old table
row.  (Getting that to work was a tad tricky...)  So you can view this
as a full-table UPDATE operation that folds in possible column type changes.

Does that mean I'll want to disable triggers while I do this? Actually, if the structure's changing I presume I'll want to drop/recreate my triggers anyway (even if they get reparsed like view definitions).

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd