Simon Riggs wrote:
On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 15:10, Bruce Momjian wrote:

It is too late to think about pushing back another month.  We had this
discussion already.  June 1 is it.

Just to throw in my .02, plPerlNG won't be ready for testing until mid, later June either. Then there is also plPHP which although we haven't had any bug reports still needs some more peer review.

Also we would like to submit our ECPG which includes SET DESCRIPTOR and error handling but that too needs more peer review.

It just seems, considering the current state of 7.4.2 (stable, just now being deployed in production shops) that we should make a longer development time for 7.5.

Personally, Win32, subtransactions and PITR are what we are after. Second would be inclusion of plPHP and plPerlNG which are arguably the most widely used languages to connect to PostgreSQL.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

+1-503-667-4564 - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.commandprompt.com
begin:vcard
fn:Joshua D. Drake
n:Drake;Joshua D.
org:Command Prompt, Inc.
adr:;;PO Box 215;Cascade Locks;Oregon;97014;USA
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Consultant
tel;work:503-667-4564
tel;fax:503-210-0034
note:Command Prompt, Inc. is the largest and oldest US based commercial PostgreSQL support provider. We  provide the only commercially viable integrated PostgreSQL replication solution, but also custom programming, and support. We authored  the book Practical PostgreSQL, the procedural language plPHP, and adding trigger capability to plPerl.
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.commandprompt.com/
version:2.1
end:vcard