>> it... We can
>> >
>> > I assume we can just look at the source and write our own version
>> > bypassing any license.
>>
>> I wouldn't be so sure about that. If this insane SCO crap has
>> taught me anything, the PostgreSQL should have a defined and
>> legally vetted process for duplicating functionality. ala'
>> phoenix BIOS.
>
> There is more than enough information om MSDN and other sites to make
> this kind of tool without looking at the source. It's generic enough.

Let's just make sure we keep records of the generic sources of where we
find things. I get *really* scared when I see sentences like "I assume we
can just look at the source and write our own version bypassing any
license." That is categorically a false asumption and will create an
arguably derived product. The last thing we want is Oracle or Microsoft
trying to pull an SCO on Postgresql.

      joining column's datatypes do not match