Tom Lane wrote:
Christopher Kings-Lynne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Hmmm - I agree it's difficult, but somehow I think it's something we should do. Just imagine if some major user of postgres did it - they'd be screaming blue murder...

Shrug. Superusers can *always* shoot themselves in the foot in Postgres. Try "delete from pg_proc", for instance. This sounds right up there with the notion of preventing a Unix superuser from doing "rm -rf /".

I have to agree.

FWIW, I've seen a unix superuser do a recursive chmod 777 on /, and I've seen a Windows server admin recursively deny EVERYTHING from EVERYBODY starting at c:\. In both cases, we found that's why we keep regular backups ;-)

Joe