Tom Lane wrote:

Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Tom Lane wrote:

That would work. You'd need two state flags instead of just one, but
that doesn't seem bad.

'splain please :-)

Maybe you weren't thinking of the same thing, but what I was imagining was one state flag to remember that you'd created the interpreter (and loaded the unsafe-func support into it), then a second one to remember whether you've loaded the safe-func support. There are various ways to represent this of course, but the point is there need to be three persistent states.

Ahh, ok. We already have a state var to remember the first part (plperl_firstcall). Just need one new one I think.

cheers

andrew

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster