Hi all,

Came across a scenario today where I want to backup the latest values of sequences in the database, so they can be restored along with the data from a COPY command.

Looked at pg_dump's output options (for 7.4/7.5) and there doesn't seem to be an easy way for just dumping sequence definitions (with the latest sequence numbers).

Thought about using egrep too, but had difficulties there too.

Does anyone else think it would be a useful thing adding an option to pg_dump for outputting just the sequences?

Or perhaps there's an easy way of doing this I just haven't thought of?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to [EMAIL PROTECTED])