Joe Conway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I committed the attached.

Minor gripe: this bit of documentation seems out of date now.

!    For example, elements containing curly braces, commas (or whatever the
!    delimiter character is), double quotes, backslashes, or leading white
!    space must be double-quoted.  To put a double quote or backslash in a

Should say "leading or trailing whitespace", no?

> Regarding the release notes, I take it that we should modify
> doc/src/sgml/release.sgml?

Yup.

> Does the following sound reasonable, or
> should I provide specific examples?

Seems roughly the right amount of detail to me.  Note you should make
entries under both "observe the following incompatibilities" and the
general list of datatype/function changes.