Tom Lane wrote:
Joe Conway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

On that, note that I specifically removed jdbc and tcl options from the spec file because the 8.0.0 release notes said they were removed from the distribution. I suppose at lease jdbc should be put back? It didn't seem right to include the 7.4 jdbc jars in the 8.0 source rpm, and I wasn't sure where to get the equivalent of 8.0.0beta1 jdbc jar files (if such a thing even exists).

What I've done so far is just to grab the latest stable release from jdbc.postgresql.org. Using jars as part of the SRPM is pretty ugly, I agree. There are some other Red Hat folk who have promised to look into getting JDBC built from source instead, but it's not high priority.

OK, done. Version 4 of the 8.0.0beta1 srpm (and the fc1/fc2 binary rpms) is available here:
http://www.joeconway.com/postgresql-8.0.0beta1/

Joe

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend