Murat,

> For our research project, I need to implement an encryption support for
> Postgressql. At this current phase, I need to at least support page
> level Âencryption In other words, each page that belongs to a certain
> sensitive table will be stored encrypted on the harddisk.

Are you planning on doing the decryption on the back-end, or on the client?
It certainly seems to me that doing it on the client would make more sense;
if the data is decrypted on the back-end, then you will still need the
overhead of an SSL connection.

In any case, I'm glad that you're looking into this; encryption-on-disk is one
of those "missing features" that we might never have gotten around to as a
project ...

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus