Tom Lane wrote:

Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Bottom line - this is something of a mess. If we can make sure Cygwin isn't broken, we can probably live with what have for now. Personally, I would have configure work out something cleaner, like, say, defining WINDOWS_ALL for both Windows native and Cygwin. Then we could use that for cases meant to cover both, and __CYGWIN__ and __MINGW32__ for the specific cases, without worrying what the compiler and/or the system header files might have defined for us.

I agree that this is a good idea, partly because I do not care for the assumption that MINGW is the only compilation environment we'll ever support for the Windows-native port.

I'm not in a position to work out or test the required changes, but I'll
be happy to apply a patch if you do the legwork ...

Too big a task for my current time budget :-( - currently my work does not involve any PostgreSQL component, and I am flat out delivering what I am paid for.

Unless someone else steps up to the plate it will have to go on the TODO list.

cheers

andrew