Robert Treat wrote:

Right-click the table object and select 'Count' on the current versions. Previously, iirc it showed the message 'Refresh table to count' in the actual count field, so you did a right-click -> Refresh.

Maybe I didn't phrase that quite right. How would a user know that he needs to do a real count? For example, if I have a table with est 1 million rows, and I load another 1 million rows into it, wont pgadmin show me 1 million rows until I run an analyze? Even if I run a manual count, wont it show 1 million next time I come into the application, and that time I may not realize that the table is off by 1 million rows so I take the estimated count at face value.

pgAdmin will either show the true row count from a SELECT COUNT(*), or "not counted". The last rowcount from vacuum is named "estimated row count", so it's clearly distinguishable which number is counted and which is estimated.

Regards,
Andreas