On Oct 5, 2004, at 9:59 AM, Abhijit Menon-Sen wrote:

I decided against bundling the two operations together. Here's a patch
to add PQprepare() and PQsendPrepare() in a fairly self-contained way.
Also attached is a test program à la testlibpq3.c that I used to test
the change. This should be all that's needed for DBD::Pg to prepare a
statement without pre-specifying types.

Ah, fantastic news, Abhijit! This is very exciting for DBD::Pg development, as well as other dynamic language libraries that plan to use prepare(), I expect. I very much look forward to Beta 4 hoping that this patch makes it in.

Thanks for doing this!

Regards,

David

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend