Josh Berkus wrote:
Neil,

pg_functions might be useful, but what would pg_users offer that pg_user
does not already do?

Show a list of groups that the user belongs to? Same thing with pg_groups; showing the list of users in the group.

A pg_sequences view might also be handy.

Yes.  Anything else?  So far I have:

pg_users
pg_groups
pg_functions
pg_sequences
hmmm ...
pg_schemas pg_tablespaces ... as well, just for completeness.

This is obviously and 8.1 thing, so I'll put it on my task list for after 8.0 PR is done.

I suggest to add on pg_functions and on pg_views too, the list of dependencies with other objects.

Regards Gaetano Mendola

http://archives.postgresql.org