On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Mike Rylander wrote:

> With v. 0.01 the statement just doesn't seem to execute.  I know that's
> odd, because it's supposed to be doing a prepare/execute internally, but
> nothing happens.
Wierd - the testsuite (make test) has some 'dos' in the code and it works
(and it checks the result of inserts that are done with do).

> I'll grab it now, but I'm not sure when I'll have time to test it.  I'm
> mired in Unicode work right now...  I'll get back to you as soon as I've
> had a chance to work with it, though.
Yeah - I'm not doing any utf translation in pgspi - this might become
necessary for you...

> Again, thanks for all your work on PgSPI.  I'll be moving all my plperlu
> functions out to a module and using PgSPI to allow me to run the code
> from my middleware layer as well as in-DB.  That way I only need to
> write the logic once.
Yep, that's kind of was the point, making postgresql itself a middleware
server. Make perl stored procedures take serialized objects and return
serialized objects back.

-alex