On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 13:51:36 -0500, Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> FWIW, I get clean regression test passes on a real z900 at Red Hat,
> in both s390 and s390x (32- and 64-bit) modes.  I'm not sure what that
> means --- it could be that Red Hat Linux doesn't use the hardware
> floating point, or it could be that their version of glibc knows how to
> deal with corner cases like NaNs on this hardware.  Or it could be that
> Hercules is broken.

Too bad :(  I had great confidence in Hercules emulator.

This is from official Hercules FAQ:
``The following standard feature has been partially implemented:

    * Binary Floating-Point instructions ''

I am playing with "-msoft-float" gcc option which
disables hawdware floating-piont instructions and
uses glibc's ones instead but I get the following error:

/tmp/ccOWrBZJ.o: In function `main':
/tmp/ccOWrBZJ.o(.text+0x40): undefined reference to `__extendsfdf2'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Doeas somebody know in what library
`__extendsfdf2' is?

Thanks in advance,