Stephen Frost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>   Due to the fact that group system id's and user system id's can
>   overlap, pg_class will need to change in order to accomedate group
>   ownership.  The things I've thought of so far, in order of preference:

I thought that the agreed-on direction for this was to merge users and
groups into a single kind of entity, or at least make sure that they
share a common unique identifier space.  Then AclId is still sufficient
as an ownership indicator, and you don't need any of these kluges.
IIRC something of this sort is needed for improved compliance with the
SQL spec anyway --- see past discussions about "roles".

      joining column's datatypes do not match