On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:52:51 +0000, Simon Riggs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>Currently, we have group commit functionality via GUC parameters
>       commit_delay
>and    commit_siblings

And since 7.3 we have ganged WAL writes (c.f. the thread starting at
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2002-10/msg00331.php) which
IMHO is a better solution to the same problem.  Maybe the code dealing
with commit_xxx parameters should just be removed.

Are you or is anybody else aware of benchmarks showing that group commit
via commit_xxx is still useful?

Servus
 Manfred