Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
I see this in my PQA analyzed PostgreSQL log:

######## Slowest queries
select dict_init, dict_initoption, dict_lexize from pg_ts_dict where oid = $1

It's my number one slowest query apparently!

Can that lookup perhaps be cached in some way?

It's cached. This select should run only one time per connection for each used dictionary. If its'not then it's a bug. I'll check it.

I notice that there is no unique index on the oid column, but that shouldn't matter for performance since there are only like 6 rows in that table.

Also, will this work with default_with_oids = false? (When the schema is initialised.)

All pg_ts_* tables are created with 'with oids' option.

Chris

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

-- Teodor Sigaev E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/