Clinging to sanity, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (ElayaRaja S) mumbled into her beard:
> Hi,
>  I am using Redhat Linux 9, I need to uninstall postfesql 7.3.2 and
>  i have to install postgresql 7.4.5. Plz let me know how to uninstall
> completely - postfesql 7.3.2
>
>  I am getting as [EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# rpm -e postgresql
> error: package postgresql is not installed
>
> if i try to check the version it was displaying
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# postgres --version
> postgres (PostgreSQL) 7.3.2

Maybe you need to figure out what the names of the relevant packages
are.

# rpm -qa | grep -i sql

is likely to match many of the PostgreSQL packages, and give you some
exact names of packages needing to be removed.
--
"cbbrowne","@","gmail.com"
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/emacs.html