On Apr 26, 2005, at 10:35 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

Once you've got such an infrastructure, it makes sense to allow an
interactive mode that automatically puts such things around each
statement.  But I can't really see the argument for using such a
behavior in a script.  Scripts are too stupid.

Would it be possible to have a command line switch and/or a psql variable to control "interactive"? If I recall correctly, the setting depends on tty and there are possible interactive uses of psql outside of a terminal session. With so many things depending on this, it would be nice to be able to override the default.

Thanks,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL