Heikki Linnakangas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Does statement_timeout fire on that scenario? How about the new
> transaction_timeout option discussed in other threads?

Probably neither, since very likely you aren't in a transaction at all.
I'd not expect the server to send these messages except when it's been
idle for awhile, so statement_timeout is certainly irrelevant.

BTW, the upthread proposal of just dropping the message (which is what
O_NONBLOCK would do) doesn't work; it will lose encryption sync on SSL
connections.

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq