On 5/18/05, Joshua D. Drake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> O.k. then I misunderstood and apologize. I think the above is
> reasonable. I wouldn't think that the main developers would stop
> developing to create this system, nor would I want them to take time
> away from development to implement it.

I think we can all agree on that.

> I would however think that the main developer buy off would be
> essential.

Yep ... I get the feeling that in this community we have a handful of
people doing the overwhelming majority of the development.  Getting at
least an "in principle" nod of the head from these people is a
prerequisite for any major effort IMO.

BJ

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq