On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

We'd love to start tomorrow working on GiST, but we have some current obligations we need to sort out.

It will probably take more then a day to do fund raising, which is what Christopher is suggesting ... but they need some sort of 'value' for a goal ... you 'estimated' 2-3 months of dedicated work at one point in this thread ... is that for one person or two or ?? What sort of monetary value would be attached to that sort of thing?

2-3 months for 2 persons (me and Teodor) and 1.5K/mo for each.
We were planning to implement concurrency and recovery support as described in Cornacker, Mohan, Hellerstein "Concurrency and Recovery in Generalized Search Trees".

        Regards,
                Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster