I've took a look at the TODO item

               Allow objects to be moved to different schemas

I've done some code so far which implements the syntax

               ALTER [OBJECT] name SET SCHEMA name

where OBJECT currently is

               SEQUENCE
               TABLE
               FUNCTION
               DOMAIN
               TYPE

Missing are (and i'm planning to add support for this):

               AGGREGATE
               OPERATOR
               OPERATOR CLASS
               CONVERSION

You can find a preliminary patch attached to this posting and i'm looking for comments, critics and perhaps some proposals for improvements / necessary changes i didn't consider yet.

One issue that comes to my mind is what to do when dealing with tables that have assigned triggers and sequences (serials). Do we want to move them as well or leave them in the source namespace?

TIA

--

 Bernd

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend