Dave Page wrote:

That's what I'm working on atm, and given Tom's previous comment about
small-footprint users not wanting an extra 5/6MB on the size of a new
cluster, I'm leaving most things using template1 and mainly just
updating docs and examples. 'postgres' can then be dropped with no ill
effects other than a return to the old template1 etc. issues.

I'm confused. I thought avoiding those issues was one of the main purposes for this.

cheers

andrew