Sounds good to me... just wondering where dblink went? Is it going to remain a part of the dist?

Sorry if this was already answered, I haven't had the time to check the archive.

-Jonah

Tom Lane wrote:

Looking over the thread Josh started a few days ago, it seems there is
consensus to move these contrib modules into separate projects on
pgfoundry.org:

adddepend
dbase
dbmirror
fulltextindex
mSQL-interface
mac
oracle
tips

and to kill these outright:

array
ipc_check
miscutil
mysql
noupdate
pg_dumplo
pg_upgrade
string
tools
tsearch
xml

There was also a suggestion to move findoidjoins to src/tools, since
that's where it really belongs.

Finally, various people have expressed interest in writing replacements
for these:

reindexdb
userlock

If I don't hear any objections, I'll "cvs delete" the candidates for
outright kills in a day or two, and the pgfoundry candidates as soon
as someone moves them over (not being much of a pgfoundry user, I'd
prefer to let someone else set those projects up).  I'll move
findoidjoins too.

Anyone want to get to work on replacing reindexdb or userlock?  It'd
be real nice to get rid of userlock so that we could have a clean story
on all-BSD-license for 8.1.

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend