Dave Page wrote:
> > I vote for all (possibly corrected) functions to be moved into core.
>
> You have pg_database_size(oid) and database_size(name). Afaict, the
> latter is equivalent to:
>
> SELECT pg_database_size((SELECT oid FROM pg_database WHERE datname =
> 'foo'))
>
> My main concern is that the names are inconsistent for no obvious
> reason. I also questioned whether or not the bloat of an additional
> function is worthwhile for what is probably a very small number of psql
> users that might use it (probably quite rarely), however if people say
> they would use it and that it's wothwhile, I wouldn't argue with it's
> inclusion.

Well, this is a good time to figure out exactly what we want in the
backend (perhaps with renaming), and which ones we want to keep in
/contrib, or delete entirely.  The point is that we have to discuss this
item by item, _then_ we can look at a patch.

A patch with assumptions is just confusing to me.