On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 03:51:35PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have finished working on the release notes for the moment:
>
>   http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/pgsql/sgml/release.html#RELEASE-8-1
>
> I will update them just before we put out the beta.

Here's bit clarified pgcrypto summary:

- Implemention of OpenPGP symmetric- and public-key encryption.
  Supported are both RSA and Elgamal public-key algorithms.

- Standalone build: include SHA256/384/512 hashes, Fortuna PRNG.

- OpenSSL build: support 3DES, use internal AES with OpenSSL < 0.9.7.

- Take build parameters (OpenSSL, zlib) from ./configure result.
  No need to edit Makefile anymore.

The mhash note can stay as-is.

--
marko