On Aug 25, 2005, at 10:58 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

* %Remove CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER

  This was used in older releases to dump referential integrity
  constraints.

Do we really want to remove it, and thereby guarantee we can't load
dumps from those old releases?

Also, I believe CONSTRAINT TRIGGERS are the only way to provide transaction level (rather than statement level) referential integrity. I've used this in the past. The SQL command reference page mentions that it's not for general use, but it'd be a shame to remove it before there's an alternative way to provide transaction level referential integrity.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com