On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Darcy Buskermolen wrote:

Yes I've seen the same frustration from users,  I think the banner should say
something along the lines of "psql client version foo connected to server bar
version sfoo"

I second this, I think that something like "psl client version 8.03 connected to server db01 running PostgreSQL version 8.1" would be real swell.

        Cheers,

        Aly.

--
Aly S.P Dharshi