Agreed. It's not like they weren't discussed to death prior to then as
well.

Whilst I'm not so wed to the changes to the others, pg_cancel_backend()
should certainly not be changed on whim - I know for a fact there are
people for whom this will cause problems.

Regards, Dave

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq