Tom Lane wrote:

Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
However, a very simple test shows that the libintl printf does indeed do %m$ processing:
So the next question is why isn't it working in the build.

Is it possible that the build that was being complained of was using our
previous, very-broken snprintf.c?

There's currently a config setting that is supposed to inhibit its use on Windows. I am quite confused.

What is more, when I set the locale of my machine to Turkish and run the installer project's 8.1_RC1 which I happen to have installed there, and set lc_messages to tr_TR.UTF-8, I don't see lines like Nicolai reported:

 LOG:  "$s" veritaban?n transaction ID warp limiti $u

I see this:
LOG: "2147484146" veritabanin transaction ID warp limiti postgres

So I'm inclined to think there might be something odd about his setup and maybe
we aren't quite so broken after all.

cheers

andrew

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster