On Jan 1, 2006, at 2:02 PM, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

For the user in referred to thread: SSH tunnelling. I wonder if there's
a way we can make that easier to setup...

Making this easier and transparent would be nice, but I would still vote to allow DNS names in pg_hba.conf.

SSH tunneling implies another level of software, user accounts, and permissions. It would be nice to handle the entire sphere of users and permissions from within PostgreSQL. For database access requirements, I would much rather allow DNS names in pg_hba.conf than provide SSH access.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL