> If you want the data hidden from system administrators, you need to have
> the client encrypt it before storing it. Of course, that will have
> massive implications for your application.

Have you considered storing your data on an encrypted filesystem?  I have no
idea what kind of performance hit you would suffer, but you wouldn't have to
change your application at all that way.  Perhaps a private mount so that
only the postgresql process tree could see the decrypted bits?

                -- Korry

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq