--On Dienstag, Februar 14, 2006 10:35:12 -0600 hector Corrada Bravo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Before I start trying this (creating aggregate paths seems the
reasonable thing to do) I would like your counsel.

1) Regardless of the optimization problem, is the executor able to
execute aggregate nodes within join trees (that is, not as the result
of subqueries)?

2) Has anyone tried something like this before?
I did and failed because I did not quite understand how the Postgres internal variables should be initialized.

My approach was to supply other join pathes if one of the two tables was an aggregate.

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Jens Schicke
--
Jens Schicke                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
asco GmbH                     http://www.asco.de