Tatsuo Ishii <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I guess I understand whay you are saying. However, I am not allowed to
> talk to you about it unless cores allow me. Probably we need some
> closed forum to discuss this kind of security issues.

Considering that you've already described the problem on pgsql-hackers,
I hardly see how further discussion is going to create a bigger security
breach than already exists.

(I'm of the opinion that the problem is mostly a client problem anyway;
AFAICS the issue only comes up if client software fails to consider
encoding issues while doing escaping.  There is certainly no way that
we can magically solve the problem in a new PG release, and so trying
to keep it quiet until we can work out a solution seems pointless.)

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend