Hannu Krosing wrote:
But unfortunately '2 mons -1 days' <> '1 mons 29 days'

If I want something to happen 1 day less than two months from dome date,
then the only way to say that consistently *is* '2 mons -1 days'.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that justify_days would only be called if the user wanted it. I get the following behavior in psql even after the patch is applied:

select '2 mons -1 days'::interval;
    interval
 2 mons -1 days

So there does not seem to be any justification going on without the user's permission. Consequently, if you need '2 mons -1 days', don't call justify_days.

Am I missing something?

mark

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend